SUNSET GARDENS

Life was picture perfect for John and Brittany Murphy, living in a quaint neighborhood, until the house next door was sold and a new neighbor moved in down the street. Brittany instantly takes a liking to him. John slowly grows suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness when he continuously walks in on Shane (the neighbor) and his wife in compromising situations. John wants his picture perfect life back, a time where he loved and trusted his wife, and will stop at nothing to regain this.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Script

I have never written a script before in my life and at some points I feel like I have bitten off more then I can handle at times. I want to make the best film that I can and frankly I am not a writer. I am getting better but I’m still a far way off from where I should be. I had my friend take my script and review it and proof it and the amount of notes and questions about the script. To put a long story short I still have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time

His suggestions are very valid, and ideas or thoughts that I did not think about. I think that the hardest part about this process is the fact that I have the story in my head and I am struggling to put it on paper. And not only putting it on paper but making the story real.

Jimm (my friend who has been helping me write, and is my alumni advisor), feels that there is an issue with my characterization. I agree after reading back threw the pages. My struggle is how to add more characterization in the pages, and keep the film around fifteen minutes. Jimm thinks that my story is good.

My life just freed up majorly because the play that I was in is now over and that means that I will be putting 120% of my time working on my project. My scheduling for shooting is locked and ready to go. Now it is a race of time to get my script finished in time.

I have decided to put a little more work upon my shoulders and not only have a script and a shooting script but also an editing script so that I have an even better idea of what kind of shots I need.

But back onto topic because I did stray a little bit (I enjoy this being a stream of consciousness blog). Over all the input I have been getting is good. There is a lot of work that still needs done which is frustrating because I thought that my writing part was finished. But I am not worried or stressed just anxious.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Feedback from your mentor is important to consider.