SUNSET GARDENS

Life was picture perfect for John and Brittany Murphy, living in a quaint neighborhood, until the house next door was sold and a new neighbor moved in down the street. Brittany instantly takes a liking to him. John slowly grows suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness when he continuously walks in on Shane (the neighbor) and his wife in compromising situations. John wants his picture perfect life back, a time where he loved and trusted his wife, and will stop at nothing to regain this.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

as the film falls to the floor

And the final cut is finished. Over all for what I had to work with, I feel that the trailer turned out well. There is one scene that I wish that I wish I could reshoot and make it more confrontational. Over all editing, the film was fairly easy, and with little glitches. I did have a problem uploading my video with capturing sound onto the computer. During this episode I started to panic that a day of shooting was wasted. After checking the tape onto another editing station, the sound was there so I knew I just had a setting screwed up. After a bit of trouble shooting and some panic sweats the sound came through. The editing itself took a while to do because I constantly was giving up my editor to other students that were working on stories for The County Line. After elbowing my way back into the editing suite, the film came together and looked crisp. I laugh because if I filmed this for a news story it would fail. I broke so many rules with what I did, (including not white balancing the camera), but it was all done to create a look that I wanted. I wanted the film to have a tint to it. As I said, I am pleased of how the filming and everything came together. I hope that when I film the full film I have as little problems as I did for this

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I have not received your abstract/proposal/timeline.