SUNSET GARDENS

Life was picture perfect for John and Brittany Murphy, living in a quaint neighborhood, until the house next door was sold and a new neighbor moved in down the street. Brittany instantly takes a liking to him. John slowly grows suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness when he continuously walks in on Shane (the neighbor) and his wife in compromising situations. John wants his picture perfect life back, a time where he loved and trusted his wife, and will stop at nothing to regain this.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Rain

I have been freaking out a bit about some scenes that will be shot in the film. There is one scene that is going to be shot at night, and it needs to be raining. This does not sound like it is a very big deal, but when your filming a movie with a 20$ budget everything that cost money you feel. If I had the money I would love to rent a rain machine, lighting rigs, the whole gamma. I have to find ways of being creative to get the effects that I need.

My teacher recommended watering everything down and then in Adobe After Effects to come in and put rain drops to give the allusion of rain. I am a big fan of realism in films, and if your able and safely to have an live effect then you should, so this sent me out to look for other ideas of how to get rain without the money for a machine. My first thought was to use a sprinkler connected to a hose, but sitting back from the drawing board I think that it would look bad and only cover a small area. I searched online and looked at rain machine pictures, and I came upon a “how to” for making a rain machine for cheap, using a gardening hose and some 2x4’s. By making a cross on the 2x4’s you spiral the hose around and drill holes into the hose. When the water is turned on gravity does the rest. I am excited to build one and test it. I feel that it would be wise to wait till closer to filming so that it would not get damaged. The other big concern is lighting at night, and lighting the water I feel will cause some problems. Hey that’s what screen testing is for!