SUNSET GARDENS

Life was picture perfect for John and Brittany Murphy, living in a quaint neighborhood, until the house next door was sold and a new neighbor moved in down the street. Brittany instantly takes a liking to him. John slowly grows suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness when he continuously walks in on Shane (the neighbor) and his wife in compromising situations. John wants his picture perfect life back, a time where he loved and trusted his wife, and will stop at nothing to regain this.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Call Me a Worrier

The biggest problem that I have noticed with student filmmakers, is money. There just isn’t any. And though a limitation on money can bread creativity it also has a lot of negative effects as well. These negative effects are scaring the living death out of me. My budget consist of maybe 20$ to shoot a 15 minute story. That means that I cannot pay anyone to help, act or for equipment. Which means that its time to beg borrow, and if necessary beg a lot more. I have noticed with trying to work with finding locations for shooting people are incredibly willing to work with you, same thing with businesses. It seems that smaller locally owned shops love to help as long as your not a inconvenience to them, but larger stores are all about the money and sometimes 30some odd phone calls still were not enough.
It one of the shots it calls for a delivery truck to drive by, I worked for Two men and a Truck on and off for about 2 years now figured it would not be a problem. Called, and called and called, and called some more, and finally spoke with someone. Though I have no money and it’s a student film and I was an employee there I still have to buy likeness rights and whatnot for them which was at an outrageous price.
Also talent and crew. Once again NO MONEY, begging people to help me. Its easier getting tech people then talent. But I’m not as scared at having a guy who is helping with lighting or sound or something show up because there is a way to get around and work with what we have. I’m scared to death of people not showing up. I can have all the tech people in the world and with no talent I have nothing to film. With no money the only thing that can be promised is an ego boost and hopefully that will be enough. All these what ifs are floating around in my mind and frankly they scare me. Partly it would be a lot different if it was something that I was just shooting, but I need this to graduate, and I want to be done so yeah. I think the biggest thing is that I need to figure out some type of incentive for everybody, and I am open for ideas.

No comments: