SUNSET GARDENS

Life was picture perfect for John and Brittany Murphy, living in a quaint neighborhood, until the house next door was sold and a new neighbor moved in down the street. Brittany instantly takes a liking to him. John slowly grows suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness when he continuously walks in on Shane (the neighbor) and his wife in compromising situations. John wants his picture perfect life back, a time where he loved and trusted his wife, and will stop at nothing to regain this.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Crossing Paths

Sky Yaple’s senior capstone project “On the Verge,” Delt with advertisement spanning across media: from the use of television to internet, and what not. Convergence is what this is called. And I thought to myself, “self how does, and can this relate to me?” Well it is simple really, advertisement is a way to create a buzz about a product. My product happens to be a film. The more people talk about a product well the more people know about it and in theory the more people that will want to use it.
With a lot of film festivals they require a media kit when you submit your film. Including stickers maybe t-shirts, rub on tattoos, anything. Also some require a website for the film. Film festivals are forcing convergence, which is not a bad thing. It once again creates outlets for others to view the product. The problem is being creative with this.
Every MAJOR BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE known to man has teamed up and advertised their film at a fast food restaurant. I remember when I was a kid I would beg my dad to take me to Burger King to get a “last action hero” whopper combo, just for the cool cup. Its old, I honestly think that people don’t care about what is on their cups just children. But watching nip/tuck during the attack of “the carver” (a character that would cut the corner of the mouths of his victims to disfigure them) the carver had a myspace website, that as soon as it was announced people jumped on that site like it the 70’s and polyester was going out of style. It was an instant success. So I need to take a step back and think of how this will help me. I have a website (its for class and there isn’t much on it but my endless rambling). But using my media packet in some creative way will help.

No comments: