SUNSET GARDENS

Life was picture perfect for John and Brittany Murphy, living in a quaint neighborhood, until the house next door was sold and a new neighbor moved in down the street. Brittany instantly takes a liking to him. John slowly grows suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness when he continuously walks in on Shane (the neighbor) and his wife in compromising situations. John wants his picture perfect life back, a time where he loved and trusted his wife, and will stop at nothing to regain this.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Apple vs. PC

There has always been a great debate and I find myself in the middle of it at this current moment. I am looking to get a new computer, because frankly my 5 yr old laptop is on its dying days. I have no internet, there is not a R key, the cd tray cover falls off and it’s now a separate attachment. It’s about time to do something about it.

The great debate that I am talking about is to go with a PC or a MAC. Mac has pushed their products and they are becoming better and better, while PC is much of the same just better equipment.

I want to use this computer for graphic images, editing and all sorts of things. So its making me really consider buying a MAC because they are very powerful and you don’t have to worry about the system crashing.

But we still live in a PC world (that is slowly changing away from that) and is everything compatible. So what I’m saying is am I going to be able to build something in my personal computer and then work on it on another. That is the biggest thing that is pushing me away from the MAC.

There are programs out there that allow MAC’s to run windows on them and it can change the operating system. But why would you buy a MAC to run windows… it’s a mute point to me then.

I am tossed between where to turn. On one hand a mass amount of graphic work is done on MAC. But is not an absolute and, in fact more people are moving back to PC, because any upgrade done to a MAC has to be external.

The problem is getting a non bias opinion because you have your PC lovers and your MAC lovers, and there is no wiggle room. In the PCL you are stupid for buying a MAC and the IMACL they can’t understand why you would ever want anything other then a MAC.

Overall I want a MAC but I’m just not comfortable to jump on the bandwagon. I think I am going to hold off and go with a PC still. I am far from loving the idea, but I think for me it’s the safe bet, but I’m still looking

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

So have you crafted a list of top things you must do to get accepted to a film festival? Do you know what festival you want to enter?