SUNSET GARDENS

Life was picture perfect for John and Brittany Murphy, living in a quaint neighborhood, until the house next door was sold and a new neighbor moved in down the street. Brittany instantly takes a liking to him. John slowly grows suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness when he continuously walks in on Shane (the neighbor) and his wife in compromising situations. John wants his picture perfect life back, a time where he loved and trusted his wife, and will stop at nothing to regain this.

Monday, April 14, 2008

What I think

My senior broadcasting capstone is coming close to an end. This week I had to design a poster for my presentation for the Senior Art Show. This was very hard for me to do. I am not a graphic artist. I know the basics, but I am far from being an expert by any means. The posters turned out well, and overall I am happy with how they turned out.

The other thing that I have been working on is editing my film. Sifting through tons upon tons of video and audio tracks is a nightmare. But I am pushing through and it is coming together very well. I am 95% done editing. The next step is to add some sound effects and finalize all the video. It’s looking good. I am excited to see the final product.

I learned a valuable lesson, no matter how much footage you have you always want more. I have over 180 minutes of video and I still wish that I have more to work with.

Editing is a bit tricky, because this is the first time that any of us has ever acted on film we were not sure what to expect. There is a lot of motion before the take, and some scenes are very hard to edit because of that.

Mr. Weaver asked me the other day if another student wanted to do this project should he let them. YES! If the student is passionate about his/her project they are going to work a lot harder and willing to put in the extra effort. But I caution, keep dialog to a minimum, keep locations to a minimum, and work hard. There is a huge time constraint on working on a film during capstone, but where there is a will there is a way.

I have spent over12 hours of pre production over 20 hours of filming over 5 hours of voice tracking countless hours trying to think of topics to blog about, 30 minutes blogging , and another 20 hours editing the film.

This project has been a huge undertaking but I am glad I did it. The script is original, the music is original, everything about this is my own work, and I am extremely proud of what I have done.

No comments: